CAREERS & PATHWAYS
The Careers and Pathways team are here to help you plan for life beyond school. We work with students to:
- Make informed choices when choosing your subjects for the following year to ensure they suit your preferred pathway and interests.
- Select appropriate programs when transitioning from year 10 into either VCE or VCAL
- Make application to Universities and TAFE institutions
In order to achieve this, throughout the year we
- Have one-on-one discussions to assist you in determining what you would like to do when you finish and present various options.
- Provide post-graduation assistance with job seeking, transferring universities, enrolment in courses and general advice
- Create learning resources and activities delivered during our college's Tarneit Time to help prepare our students to become work ready.
A number of events are organised throughout the year to help you grow as both an individual and equip you with knowledge of the endless possibilities.
- Annual Careers Expo whereby hundreds of individuals from a range of professions come into the school to share their experiences, pathways and advice for pursuing a range of vocations. This is also complemented by the attendance of all major tertiary institutions.
- Various university visits to provide you with a first hand experience of campus life, including meeting current students
- Various excursions to participate within our broader community and engage in opportunities connected to developing your knowledge and exposure to life beyond school.
- Work experience. An opportunity for our year 10s to engage in one week of experience at a workplace or in an industry in which they show an interest. This gives them the ability to see the daily tasks undertaken by a particular profession and the key skills needed.
There is a vast array of websites that are very useful.